Bachelor Thesis, Master Thesis, Project Study or IDP
📌 Key facts
- 💡 Background
- 🦾Who We Are
- 🎯 Goals
- 🧠 Topics of Interest
- 🎓 Profile
- 📚 Further Reading
- 📄 Requirements to any Work
- 📬 How to Apply
"One of the most noticeable changes in society over the last decade has been the advent of the creator economy. Sure, there have been creators for many years engaging in their passions. Yet, few people were able to make a living from their creativity – just a few talented and popular enough to make a living as professional writers, artists, actors, and the like. However, nowadays, there are many more ways for creative people to make a living, to a large extent thanks to opportunities offered by social media and Web 2.0 [...]." (Find more information here)
Due to the rapid change and rise of the Creator Economy, there is often a lack of reliable and good overviews that provide a summary of what is currently happening. Therefore, the final goal is to identify new business models and still missing business models in this environment.
🦾Who We Are
The Chair for Strategy and Organization is focused on research with impact. This means we do not want to repeat old ideas and base our research solely on the research people did 10 years ago. Instead, we currently research topics that will shape the future. Topics such as Agile Organizations and Digital Disruption, Blockchain Technology, Creativity and Innovation, Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation, Diversity, Education: Education Technology and Performance Management, HRTech, Leadership, and Teams. We are always early in noticing trends, technologies, strategies, and organizations that shape the future, which has its ups and downs.
- Do extensive research analyzing tech sites and the internet.
- Startup Search and identification
- Identification of new business models and missing business models
- Visualize your results and make them accessible - create PowerPoint presentations on all topics
- The final goal is to provide an overview of what is currently happening in the Creator and Ownership Economy and discuss new business models
🧠 Topics of Interest
- Creator Economy
- Ownership Economy
- New business models
- Reliable and self-driven
- Enthusiasm for Creator Economy / Entrepreneurship / New business models
- Ability to do sophisticated internet, desk research, and connect with practitioners
- Passionate to learn more about the future and do research with impact
📚 Further Reading
What is the Creator Economy? Jesse Walden, Li Jin, Cooper Turley
Come learn and hear about what the Creator Economy is, and what it has in store for our industry!Li Jin:@ljin18Jesse Walden@jessewldn Cooper Turley:@Cooopaht...
The Creator Economy Explained: How Companies Are Transforming The Self-Monetization Boom - CB Insights Research
The creator economy has seen a record $1.3B in funding in 2021 alone. We dig into how startups are building across the value chain, top investors and companies in the space, and what's next for the industry. Big tech platforms are fighting to keep creators on their platform in an effort to drive engagement.
50 Million Join The 'Creator Economy' Thanks To Platforms Like OnlyFans, YouTube, Etsy And Twitch
Warhol declared, "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes." But was not predicted was that everyone's "fame" would be experienced simultaneously. Ask a kid today in the U.S. what they want to be when the grow up. No longer is musician or athlete the top answer.
📄 Requirements to any Work
We do not want your research to gather dust in some corner of bookshelf but make it accessible to the world. Thus, we warmly encourage you to create some or all of the following:
- Infograph - visually represent some of your work (find examples here)
- Slide Deck - summarize your research and possibly present it
- Extract most important sequences from podcasts, videos, and other media
- 3-4 Tweets about the most important findings and summarizing the topic
- optional: Medium Article - let people outside the university know about your research and start your personal brand
📬 How to Apply
If you are interested, please contact Prof. Dr. Isabell Welpe (e-mail below) by submitting your CV and grade report. Please also briefly outline your tentative research idea (research question, data and methods, possible outcomes with a tentative outline all in word as *.docx)
We're greatly looking forward to hearing more about you!