Master Thesis, IDP
📌 Key facts
- 💡 Background
- 🦾Who We Are
- 🎯 Goals
- 🧠 Topics of Interest
- 🎓 Profile
- 📚 Further Reading
- 📄 Requirements to any Work
- 📬 How to Apply
There is lots of research regarding Web3 in TUM and other Universities but we are missing a way to transfer and translate those research results to the acadmic institutions themselves. We want to change this by creating a concept, use-case study or MVP that creates a bridge between the research output and the academic institutions to empower them in this important field of research and improve existing processes using the research output.
🦾Who We Are
The Chair for Strategy and Organization is focused on research with impact. This means we do not want to repeat old ideas and base our research solely on the research people did 10 years ago. Instead, we currently research topics that will shape the future. Topics such as Agile Organizations and Digital Disruption, Blockchain Technology, Creativity and Innovation, Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation, Diversity, Education: Education Technology and Performance Management, HRTech, Leadership, and Teams. We are always early in noticing trends, technologies, strategies, and organizations that shape the future, which has its ups and downs.
- RQ1: How can a digital web3 strategy look like for the learning-ecosystem?
- RQ1: How can a digital web3 strategy look like for the research-ecosystem?
- RQ2: How can the results of work about for example “AI Center TUM”, “VR / AR Developments”, Blockchain-Technology, DAOs, “Virtual Land vs Buildings” be used internally in Universities?
🧠 Topics of Interest
- Science in all-new areas
- Blockchain technology
- Disruptive business model innovations
- Reliable and self-driven
- Enthusiasm for DAOs / entrepreneurship / venture capital / science / Blockchain
- Ability to do sophisticated internet, desk research, and connect with practitioners
- Passionate to learn more about the future and do research with impact
📚 Further Reading
📄 Requirements to any Work
We do not want your research to gather dust in some corner of bookshelf but make it accessible to the world. Thus, we warmly encourage you to create some or all of the following:
- Infograph - visually represent some of your work (find examples here)
- Slide Deck - summarize your research and possibly present it
- Extract most important sequences from podcasts, videos, and other media
- 3-4 Tweets about the most important findings and summarizing the topic
- optional: Medium Article - let people outside the university know about your research and start your personal brand
📬 How to Apply
If you are interested, please contact Prof. Dr. Isabell Welpe (e-mail below) by submitting your CV and grade report. Please also briefly outline your tentative research idea (research question, data and methods, possible outcomes with a tentative outline all in word as *.docx)
We're greatly looking forward to hearing more about you!