Bachelor Thesis, Master Thesis or Project Study
📌 Key facts
- 💡 Background
- 🦾Who We Are
- 🎯 Goals
- 🧠 Topics of Interest
- 🎓 Profile
- 📚 Further Reading
- 📄 Requirements to any Work
- 📬 How to Apply
You are intersted in innovative corporations like Tesla, Rocket Lab or Palantir? This is the opportunity to dive deep into their structural and procedural organizations. What sets these companies appart from others and makes them succesful? Solutions might be found analysing incentive structures, but other apects can also provide interesting insights. In addition you could examine Recruiting & Selection Methods, Mission/purpose/vision statement, Culture and Leadership and Follower principles. On top you could also take a look at Innovation Management: How is innovation organized internally and externally? What firms has the firm bought in the past 3 years? And consider employer brands: What does the company offer to be an attractive employer?
🦾Who We Are
The Chair for Strategy and Organization is focused on research with impact. This means we do not want to repeat old ideas and base our research solely on the research people did 10 years ago. Instead, we currently research topics that will shape the future. Topics such as Agile Organizations and Digital Disruption, Blockchain Technology, Creativity and Innovation, Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation, Diversity, Education: Education Technology and Performance Management, HRTech, Leadership, and Teams. We are always early in noticing trends, technologies, strategies, and organizations that shape the future, which has its ups and downs.
- Analyse a successful Digital Stars structural and procedural organization using Organizational Charts
- Research incentive structures for all Management levels
- In addition to the focus on organization and incentives you can also include other characteristics of the company (e.g. Recruting...)
- Visualize your results
🧠 Topics of Interest
- Interest in innovative corporations
- Strategic management and organizational planning
- Structures of corporations
- Looking at the big picture
- Reliable and self-driven
- Enthusiasm for strategic management / leadership / innovation
- Ability to do sophisticated internet, desk research, and connect with practitioners
- Passion to learn more about the future and do research with impact
📚 Further Reading
Companies now have a new tax incentive to pay off workers' student loans
The student debt crisis has hit a new milestone - soaring to $1.7 trillion in outstanding loans at the end of last year. As more than 44 million Americans grapple with this burden, the disparity in the amount of that debt held by Black and White borrowers is also growing.
Sanford: What Kind of Incentives Work?
The belief in incentives has been hard to erode, mainly because they actually do work for one very specific kind of task: simple and short-term. Incentives do not work for complex projects and strategies that require longer term thinking, the kind that increasingly challenge business leadership
The Secret To Peloton, Apple, Netflix, and Tesla's Growth: It's Vertical Integration
8 min read Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own. Peloton announced blowout earnings last week, and has joined an elite club that includes Apple, Netflix and Tesla. These companies not only delight their customers and create enormous shareholder value, but they also operate a highly vertically integrated enterprise.
Igniting Company Growth Through Management Incentive Plans
Regardless of which Exit Path they choose, owners need to retain next-level management to run and grow the company after they exit. Learn about the 5 critical design elements that must be included in any incentive plan aimed at a successful, financially secure business exit.
Council Post: 15 Tech Leaders Share The Biggest Innovation Barriers They've Overcome
In the world of technology, resistance to innovation can make or break a company. Even if you or someone on your team has a breakthrough idea, it may not gain traction (or funding) if people are wary of trying something new.
📄 Requirements to any Work
We do not want your research to gather dust in some corner of bookshelf but make it accessible to the world. Thus, we warmly encourage you to create some or all of the following:
- Infograph - visually represent some of your work (find examples here)
- Slide Deck - summarize your research and possibly present it
- Extract most important sequences from podcasts, videos, and other media
- 3-4 Tweets about the most important findings and summarizing the topic
- optional: Medium Article - let people outside the university know about your research and start your personal brand
📬 How to Apply
If you are interested, please contact Prof. Dr. Isabell Welpe (e-mail below) by submitting your CV and grade report. Please also briefly outline your tentative research idea (research question, data and methods, possible outcomes with a tentative outline all in word as *.docx)
We're greatly looking forward to hearing more about you!