📌 Key facts
munichNFT is the world's first city-NFT platform for creatives and artists who want to learn about, create, mint, auction and buy NFTs. During the hack-weekend (11th-13th of June), we created our ERC-721 contract on Ethereum and whitelisted the artists' wallet addresses to mint the NFTs through it. The minting flow (Uploading the image to IPFS, adding metadata, minting as NFT, and putting it on sale through OpenSea) was accessible and visible only for those wallet addresses. Each address to mint only a set amount of NFTs. The results can be seen here: https://munichnft.com/.
Now the project should be further improved. The following tasks are currently still outstanding:
- Community Edition NFTs -> Every whitelisted Munich artist can mint new NFTs here at any time
- 2nd Edition NFTs -> New series with 8-20 images
- Various NFT types such as podcasts, scientific papers or access tokens will be launched
- Whitelisting process for the NFT community with a stylish workflow
- Own IPFS cluster or image caching for better performance
- Onchain whitelist for 2nd edition / community edition
- Make metamask handling better -If metamask is not installed: Install button to playstore -If metamask cannot be installed because of mobile: link to the appstore
- Improve A11y (Accessible Internet) compatibility
- Display of whether you have an NFT when you are logged in
- Indication of whether an NFT was created by you when you are logged in
- View the sales history of the NFTs
- Display of the creator / buyer names and images dynamically (is currently static)
- Link artists everywhere with opensea
- Expand the FAQ with a guide on how to mine NFTs
- Revise all dialogues with more helpful information. They are very rudimentary so far.
🦾Who We Are
The Chair for Strategy and Organization is focused on research with impact. This means we do not want to repeat old ideas and base our research solely on the research people did 10 years ago. Instead, we currently research topics that will shape the future. Topics such as Agile Organizations and Digital Disruption, Blockchain Technology, Creativity and Innovation, Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation, Diversity, Education: Education Technology and Performance Management, HRTech, Leadership, and Teams. We are always early in noticing trends, technologies, strategies, and organizations that shape the future, which has its ups and downs.
The munichNFT Team can be found here.
- Improve the munichNFT platform
- Contribute and realize your ideas
- Explore possible implementations for further ideas
- NFTs - with functions: access authorization, voucher for service, etc. - with variable status: change due to events (weather data, environmental data, course data, grades from TUM ... -> gamification)
🧠 Topics of Interest
- Required (Basic knowdlege)
- ECMAScript (ES)
- Blockchain technology
- NFTs and the future of crypto
- Reliable and self-driven
- Enthusiasm for Programming / Blockchain technology / NFTs
- Passionate to learn more about the future and to do programming with impact
📚 Further Reading
munichNFT - for all creators in Munich and beyond
the world's first city NFT platform to mint and promote creative content as Non-Fungible Tokens from and about Munich.
Calling All Artists and Creatives in Munich: Be Part of the First City-NFT - Technical University of Munich - School of Management
This weekend, you have the chance to attend the first city-NFT and dive into the world of digital art. MunichNFT is a unique opportunity to work on the world's first city-NFT. Artists, creatives, builders, and performers are invited to create artwork that represents a special view of Munich.
MunichNFT: Ein Hackathon für Künstler*innen - MUCBOOK
In der Welt der Kryptowährung steht NFT für ein "Nicht austauschbares Token". Wenn der Wert von einem Gegenstand auf Einzigartigkeit beruht ist er nicht austauschbar. Ein Fünfeuroschein kann man durch die Bank umtauschen lassen und er behält seinen Wert. Bei der Mona Lisa zum Beispiel...
📬 How to Apply
We're greatly looking forward to hearing more about you!