Bachelor Thesis, Master Thesis or Project Study
📌 Key facts
- 💡 Background
- 🦾Who We Are
- 🎯 Goals
- 🧠 Topics of Interest
- 🎓 Profile
- 📚 Further Reading
- 📄 Requirements to any Work
- 📬 How to Apply
"Signing a contract is not difficult, but canceling it is - or at least annoying. The company Aboalarm has turned this everyday problem into a business." And there are many other examples where automation or bot services make our lives easier (e.g., the robot lawyer DoNotPay) - Automation as a Service (AaaS) is on the rise! Most of the services have in common that they address a problem, which usually occurs frequently - break it down and generalize it - and then replicate it using an automated process. This is exactly the procedure that should be addressed in your thesis.
First of all, it should be analyzed which processes and pain points would benefit from automation. Thereby, all areas of the economy, administration and society should be considered. Then it should be examined how the problems are organized. And finally, how the corresponding bots and automation processes are built.
🦾Who We Are
The Chair for Strategy and Organization is focused on research with impact. This means we do not want to repeat old ideas and base our research solely on the research people did 10 years ago. Instead, we currently research topics that will shape the future. Topics such as Agile Organizations and Digital Disruption, Blockchain Technology, Creativity and Innovation, Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation, Diversity, Education: Education Technology and Performance Management, HRTech, Leadership, and Teams. We are always early in noticing trends, technologies, strategies, and organizations that shape the future, which has its ups and downs.
- Conduct a market screening: Which processes and pain points would benefit from automation
- Consider all areas of the economy, administration and society
- Simplify and generalize the processes and pain points - can patterns be recognized?
- Identify how bots and automation processes are designed
- Visualize a typical automated process
- Maybe your research will lead you to a new groundbreaking business model - then take the chance and create your very own process
🧠 Topics of Interest
- Discovering new business models
- Enhancement of structured and critical thinking
- Reliable and self-driven
- Enthusiasm for career entrepreneurship / automation / new business models
- Ability to do sophisticated internet, desk research, and connect with practitioners
- Passion to learn more about the future and do research with impact
📚 Further Reading
aboalarm - Verträge online kündigen, verwalten und optimieren
Verträge in 2 Minuten kündigen: aboalarm bietet ✓ geprüfte Kündigungsschreiben zum ✓Online-Versand mit ✓ Kündigungsnachweis zur sicheren Kündigung.
Flightright: Ihr Experte für Ticketerstattung und Flugentschädigung
Wir holen Ihr Geld zurück Auch bei Flugproblemen wegen Corona. Geld statt Gutschein. Wählen Sie Ihr Flugproblem aus. Unsere kostenlose Prüfung sagt Ihnen sofort, ob Sie einen Anspruch auf Ticketkostenerstattung oder Entschädigung haben. Geben Sie einfach Ihren Flug ein - egal ob verspätet, ausgefallen, umgebucht oder verpasster Anschlussflug.
Chatbot lawyer overturns 160,000 parking tickets in London and New York
An artificial-intelligence lawyer chatbot has successfully contested 160,000 parking tickets across London and New York for free, showing that chatbots can actually be useful. Dubbed as "the world's first robot lawyer" by its 19-year-old creator, London-born second-year Stanford University student Joshua Browder, DoNotPay helps users contest parking tickets in an easy to use chat-like interface.
Save Time and Money with DoNotPay!
The DoNotPay app is the home of the world's first robot lawyer. Fight corporations, beat bureaucracy and sue anyone at the press of a button. By signing up or signing in, you are agreeing to DoNotPay's Terms and Conditions and for us to send messages to the phone number or email provided.
HyperSense - Augmented Analytics - Analytics Platform
An Augmented Analytics platform that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to assist with data preparation. No-code AI platform.
App that cancels subscriptions launches in UK
By Zoe Kleinman Technology reporter, BBC News A service which automatically cancels subscriptions at the end of the free trial period has launched in the UK. It was developed by Josh Browder, who as a teenager developed an algorithm called Do Not Pay, which continues to successfully fight parking fines.
DoNotPay App Lets You 'Sue Anyone By Pressing a Button'
DoNotPay is a free app that is designed to help normal people fight big corporations in small claims court.
📄 Requirements to any Work
We do not want your research to gather dust in some corner of bookshelf but make it accessible to the world. Thus, we warmly encourage you to create some or all of the following:
- Infograph - visually represent some of your work (find examples here)
- Slide Deck - summarize your research and possibly present it
- Extract most important sequences from podcasts, videos, and other media
- 3-4 Tweets about the most important findings and summarizing the topic
- optional: Medium Article - let people outside the university know about your research and start your personal brand
📬 How to Apply
If you are interested, please contact Prof. Dr. Isabell Welpe (e-mail below) by submitting your CV and grade report. Please also briefly outline your tentative research idea (research question, data and methods, possible outcomes with a tentative outline all in word as *.docx)
We're greatly looking forward to hearing more about you!