Welcome to the Thesis Seminar of the Chair for Strategy and Organization!
This seminar accompanies the supervision of final theses at the Chair for Strategy and Organization. The seminar contains the following components:
- Administrative information about your thesis.
- Materials (slides, videos, papers) about the (empirical) research process for self-study.
- Monthly Q&A sessions with Dr. Theresa Treffers where we discuss open questions about your thesis, if the material provided here do not answer them.
- Detailed information about submission documents together with your final thesis.
1. Administrative information
2. Materials about the (empirical) research process
Field, A., Miles, J., & Field, Z. (2012). Discovering statistics using R. SAGE Publications.
3. Q&A Sessions
The thesis seminar offers monthly Q&A sessions where you can discuss general open questions about your thesis that the provided materials do not cover. Hence, the Q&A sessions are not compulsory for participation.
You should still send regular updates to your supervisor and get feedback on questions that are very specific to your topic and cannot be answered in the thesis seminar.
In case you have open questions for discussion in the thesis seminar, please fill in your information in the miro board:
June 15, 2022 10:00 AM (GMT+1) → June 15, 2022 12:00 PM (GMT+1)
July 13, 2022 10:00 AM (GMT+1) → July 13, 2022 12:00 PM (GMT+1)
August 10, 2022 10:00 AM (GMT+1) → August 10, 2022 12:00 PM (GMT+1)
September 16, 2022 10:00 AM (GMT+1) → September 16, 2022 12:00 PM (GMT+1)
October 14, 2022 10:00 AM (GMT+1) → October 14, 2022 12:00 PM (GMT+1)
4. Submission documents with your thesis
For a successful completion of your thesis, you need to submit the following documents together with your thesis to your supervisor.
For all submissions, please provide the most interesting, inspiring and surprising content on your topic. This is not necessarily the method section of your thesis :) Surprise us and the outside world with amazing insights into your thesis topic. In the last months, you have become an expert for your topic, so please share your expertise in a professional and exciting way!!
Here is some inspiration:
- Motivation to research this topic
- What we already know
- What we don’t know but would be important to know
- Your research question
- Research model/theoretical background (possibly main hypothesis)
- Your (empirical) approach to answer your research question/test your hypothesis
- Your results
- Discussion of your results
- Implications for research and practice
- Key references (max 10)
Optional: Prepare your executive summary as an article on the website: https://medium.com/ and include a word document with the link to the article in the shared folder.
- Notion page on your thesis topic (please create a private page and send the link to your supervisor and email@example.com
Presentation on your thesis topic
Please use this template for your slides and submit your file as .ppt or .pptx.
Infografic on your thesis topic
Please submit your infografic as .ppt/.pptx and pdf/pdf and include the authors (student and supervisor).
- CANVA: https://www.canva.com/create/infographics/
- Piktochart (https://piktochart.com/)
- Easelly (https://www.easel.ly/)
- Infogram (https://infogram.com/)
- Visme (https://www.visme.co/)
- Visualize.me (https://vizualize.me)
- Venngage (https://venngage.com/)
- iCharts (https://icharts.net/)
- infoActive (https://infoactive.co/)
- PowerPoint helpful AddIn: Poweruser (https://www.powerusersoftwares.com/)
- Pixabay (https://pixabay.com/de/)
- Wikimedia (https://www.wikimedia.de/)
- Shutterstock (https://www.shutterstock.com/de/)
- Pexel (https://www.pexels.com/de-de/)
- Unsplash (https://unsplash.com/)
- Flickr (https://www.flickr.com/)
- Startup Stock Photos (https://startupstockphotos.com/)
- Picjumbo (https://picjumbo.com/)
- iStock (https://www.istockphoto.com/de)
- Adobe Stock (https://stock.adobe.com/de/)
Notion page on your thesis topic
Please create a private Notion page and send the link also to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find some beautiful templates to start your Notion page here: https://super.so/market
Optional: Write a public article on your thesis topic
for example, on Medium: www.medium.com or other practice-oriented and public outlets.