Please note the following requirements of the Chair for Strategy and Organization for issuing a recommendation letter:
- Recommendation letters can only be issued for students who have taken at least one course at the Chair for Strategy and Organization, in which the grade 1.7 or higher has been achieved.
- The overall grade has to be higher than 2.0.
- The issuance of a recommendation letter takes four weeks once all neccessary information has been handed in (see below on what has to be handed in). We are not able to process requests with a processing period of less than four weeks.
- Online recommendation letters can only be issued for students personally known to the chair or those who have a relationship to the chair.
Further, note that:
- Letters of recommendation will be directly sent to the respective institution.
- Depending on the formal and content-based requirements of the recommendation letter, further documents or personal conversations may be required.
If these requirements are fulfilled for your request, please send the following documents as one PDF plus one Word document to Patricia Hornstein
- Document 1 (PDF) contains:
- Transcript of Records
- Information on courses taken at our chair: Course title, name of lecturer, semester, grade.
- Information on who needs to sign the recommendation letter: E.g., Prof. Welpe, employee with doctorate degree.
- Address of the respective institution
- Letter of motivation: Write one paragraph (max. 200 words), why you see yourself suited for the respective program (e.g., scholarship, master program).
- Document 2 (Word document) contains:
- Complete Draft for the recommendation letter
- Further, if applicable:
- Stamped and addressed envelopes (in case of postal dispatch)
- Recommendation letter form: Information about formal and content specific requirements of the recommendation letter (if applicable)
- Link to online formular (if applicable)
Note that incomplete requests with regard to the above mentioned criteria cannot be processed.