📌 Key facts
Universities and their students can be a driving factor for innovation in a country and have a positive impact on society and the economy. Since not all universities perform the same, it is helpful to gain insight into which universities are particularly good at educating the future workforce and having a positive impact on the economy. Your task is to give answers to the following questions:
- What is the economic value of higher education?
- How much economic value is generated by students who received TUM education?
- Is there a differnce between the various departments?
- How many students leave Germany / Munich after studying at TUM in the short and long term?
- Where are they going? (within Germany, globally)
- What is the economic value of this exported education?
🦾Who We Are
The Chair for Strategy and Organization is focused on research with impact. This means we do not want to repeat old ideas and base our research solely on the research people did 10 years ago. Instead, we currently research topics that will shape the future. Topics such as Agile Organizations and Digital Disruption, Blockchain Technology, Creativity and Innovation, Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation, Diversity, Education: Education Technology and Performance Management, HRTech, Leadership, and Teams. We are always early in noticing trends, technologies, strategies, and organizations that shape the future, which has its ups and downs.
- Define and quantify the economic value of higher education
- Compare the economic value of students across national and international universities
- Investigate third mission of universities
- Compare university rankings
- Collect key figures for German universities regarding educational impact on the economy
- Collect key figures for German universities regarding their impact in federal states, cities, regions
- Collect key figures for German universities with regard to their impact on business and tourism
- Put the findings about German universities in comparison with international universities
- Identifying the success factors for high-performing universities
🧠 Topics of Interest
- University landscape (national and international)
- Higher education
- Social Impact
- Working with data
- Reliable and self-driven
- Enthusiasm for career management / your own brand & future / entrepreneurship / venture capital
- Ability to do sophisticated internet, desk research, and connect with practitioners
- Passion to learn more about the future and do research with impact
📚 Further Reading
📄 Requirements to any Work
We do not want your research to gather dust in some corner of bookshelf but make it accessible to the world. Thus, we warmly encourage you to create some or all of the following:
- Infograph - visually represent some of your work (find examples here)
- Slide Deck - summarize your research and possibly present it
- Extract most important sequences from podcasts, videos, and other media
- 3-4 Tweets about the most important findings and summarizing the topic
- optional: Medium Article - let people outside the university know about your research and start your personal brand
📬 How to Apply
If you are interested, please contact Dr. Theresa Treffers (e-mail below) by submitting your CV and grade report. Please also briefly outline your tentative research idea (research question, data and methods, possible outcomes with a tentative outline all in word as *.docx)
We're greatly looking forward to hearing more about you!