📌 Key facts
- When: As soon as possible. Applications are open!
- How to apply: Send us an e-mail (at the end of this page) with your CV and a grade report.
- 📌 Key facts
- 💡 Background
- 🦾Who We Are
- 🎯 Goals
- 🎓 Profile
- 📚 Further Reading
- 📄 Requirements to any Work
- 📝 How to Apply
Everyone is talking about new AI tools such as Chat GPT and how they will disrupt how we work and how we interact. AI can automate processes and make well-founded, data-based decisions. In small and medium sized companies (SMEs), the use of AI could contribute significantly to the creation of competitive advantages.
SMEs could use AI, for example, to improve their customer interactions. However, many stakeholders inside and outside of SMEs are skeptical about the technology. Moreover, it is often unclear for SMEs in which scenario AI can be used and how to implement it.
Hence, in our research project, we want to
(1) Identify and evaluate AI tools that can be used for customer interactions in SMEs
(2) Investigate which specific requirements customers of SMEs place on different situations of customer interaction as well as on AI tools that can be used for customer interaction.
🦾Who We Are
The Chair for Strategy and Organization is focused on research with impact. This means we do not want to repeat old ideas and base our research solely on the research people did 10 years ago. Instead, we currently research topics that will shape the future. Topics such as Agile Organisations and Digital Disruption, Blockchain Technology, Creativity and Innovation, Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation, Diversity, Education: Education Technology and Performance Management, HRTech, Leadership, and Teams.. We are always early in noticing trends, technologies, strategies, and organisations that shape the future, which has its ups and downs.
Alternative 1 (Topic 1): Systematic evaluation and classification of AI applications for customer interactions —> based on Websites
Alternative 2 (Topic 2): Systematic review about specific requirements customers of SMEs place on different situations of customer interaction as well as on AI tools that can be used for customer interaction —> based on literature
- Strong analytical skills
- Reliable and self-driven
- Ability to do sophisticated internet and desk research
- Passionate to learn more about the future and do research with impact
📚 Further Reading
Bruhn, M., & Hadwich, K. (Eds.). (2021). Künstliche Intelligenz im Dienstleistungsmanagement. Springer Gabler.
Lee, R. S. (2020). Artificial intelligence in daily life (pp. 1-394). Singapore: Springer.
Cao, L., & Zhu, C. (2022). Personalized next-best action recommendation with multi-party interaction learning for automated decision-making. Plos one, 17 (1), e0263010.
📄 Requirements to any Work
We do not want your research to gather dust in some corner of bookshelf but make it accessible to the world. Thus, we warmly encourage you to create some or all of the following:
- Infograph - visually represent some of your work (find examples here)
- Slide Deck - summarise your research and possibly present it
- Extract most important sequences from podcasts, videos, and other media
- 3-4 Tweets about the most important findings and summarising the topic
- optional: Medium Article - let people outside the university know about your research and start your personal brand
Please note that these deliverables are not officially required.
📝 How to Apply
If you are interested, please contact Ann-Carolin Ritter (email below) by submitting your CV and grade report. Please also briefly outline your motivation.
We're greatly looking forward to hearing more about you!
👉 Ann-Carolin: firstname.lastname@example.org