Project Study or IDP with Patch.Work
📌 Key facts
- When: Start anytime. Applications are open!
- How to apply: Send us an e-mail (at the end of this page) with your CV, a grade report and any relevant material you want us to look at.
- 📌 Key facts
- 💡 Background
- 🦾Who We Are
- 🚀 Goals
- 💪 Responsibilities
- ✨ Profile
- 🎉 Outcomes
- 📚 Further Reading
- ➕ Additional Information
- 📄 Requirements to any Work
- 📝 Apply now!
- 📬 Contact
In order to strengthen our corporate vision of "Working Connections", people from a wide range of backgrounds should come together at Patch.Work. The aim is to form lively and permanently effective organisations from their ideas or already started projects and to share them in the community. To foster these synergies, we will create active platforms. One of these will be the Patch.Work App. Yo will work together with a senior full-stack engineer and a UX/UI designer to deliver a product that exceeds our needs to help creating a new Community in the Chiemgau. You have the chance to be here from the very beginning until the opening of the space. Be part of it when we redesign the Chiemgau 🚀 www.patch-work.co
🦾Who We Are
Patch Work - Kreative Büros und Co-Working im Chiemgau
Patch Work - Der Ort für Selbstständige, GründerInnen, FreelancerInnen, Firmen, Dezentrales Offices & Geschäftsreisende. Entdecke kreative Büros und Co-Working mitten im Chiemgau
Due to the New Work idea and the change in the labour market, Patch.Work was brought to life by Stefan Daxenberger, a workspace in the rural area and with it the desire to build a lively community in the heart of the Chiemgau. Our mission is to create awareness for a sustainable working world in Chiemgau. We are building a platform that supports growth, shared experiences and real success. We offer our members flexible access to beautiful, sustainable spaces, a culture of inclusivity and the energy of an inspired community, all connected through our extensive technology infrastructure. We believe Patch.Work has the power to improve the way people work, live and grow. The construction of the building, which is designed for sustainability, has already begun and the focus is on completion and opening of the building in September. The sustainable timber construction will reflect our mission from the inside out.
- Develop a high-quality and user-friendly app for the innovative co-working space Patch.Work.
- Collaborate with a senior full-stack engineer and a UX/UI designer to deliver a product that exceeds user needs and expectations.
- Design and develop the iOS and Android app using Svelte and a cross-platform framework like Capacitor or NativeScript.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Test and debug the app to ensure it is functioning as expected.
- Continuously improve the app by incorporating feedback and implementing new features.
- You are eager to learn and apply new skills.
- You are passionate about building innovative and user-friendly mobile applications.
- You have ideally developed and shipped apps for iOS or Android before, and experience with cross-platform development and a shared codebase for web & mobile.
- You use your creativity analytical mind to make sense of difficult problems.
If you are unsure about fitting any of the above points, but you are willing to learn and develop new skills as the project moves forward, we would love to hear from you.
- Enable and activate the Patch.Work community through a digital platform you co-developed. This includes the ability for family members of Patch.Work to
- Book and access rooms/ equipment/ etc,
- Register for or host events,
- And connect with fellow Patch.Workers through a social feed and simple messaging.
- Increased usage and adoption of the app within the co-working space.
📚 Further Reading
➕ Additional Information
- Upon successful completion of the project, you will be entitled to a written testimonial/reference letter.
📄 Requirements to any Work
- Give credit to the original authors of open source code in the documentation or license file.
- Maintain the highest standards of privacy and security when working with personal data. Do not share login information, API tokens or other sensitive information with unauthorised parties.
📝 Apply now!
If you are interested, please contact Stefan Daxenberger and Prof. Dr. Isabell Welpe (click the apply button to email all) by submitting your CV and grade report. Please also briefly outline your tentative research idea (research question, data and methods, possible outcomes with a tentative outline all in word as *.docx)
We're greatly looking forward to hearing more about you!
Stefan Daxenberger (Patch.Work)
Isabell Welpe (Chair for Strategy and Organisation)