Dive into the intersection of AI and Cybersecurity. This master thesis invites you to conduct a systematic literature review, exploring crucial aspects such as threat detection, behavioral analytics, and vulnerability management. Your journey will not only deepen your understanding of AI’s transformative role in cybersecurity but also position you at the forefront of innovation in this rapidly evolving field. Join us in bridging theoretical research with practical industry insights and contribute to shaping the future of cybersecurity!
Who? Only master thesis supervisions are possible for this topic.
When? Applications are open – start anytime.
How to apply? Send us an e-mail (at the end of this page) with your CV and a grade report
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has revolutionized the cybersecurity landscape with its unparalleled data processing capabilities, learning efficiency, and adaptability to evolving threats. Its role in enhancing threat detection, streamlining incident responses, and bolstering defenses against complex cyber attacks is unparalleled. This thesis will dive into the intricate subdomains of AI in cybersecurity, such as threat detection, behavioral analytics, and vulnerability management, offering you a chance to explore each segment's unique contributions.
🧠 Your Mission: You will embark on a journey to merge theoretical knowledge with practical AI applications in cybersecurity. This exciting opportunity will allow you to conduct your master thesis at the forefront of AI and Cybersecurity, navigating through various critical subsections.
🔍 Key Steps for a Structured Literature Research:
- Define Your Research Question: Set the stage for your exploration in AI & Cybersecurity.
- Develop a Comprehensive Search Strategy: Use targeted keywords and databases to gather relevant literature.
- Conduct the Literature Search: Dive into academic databases with your strategy, ready to adapt as you discover more.
- Screen and Select Literature: Apply criteria to zero in on the most relevant and impactful sources.
- Analyze and Synthesize Findings: Read critically and integrate your findings, adding your unique insights.
- Document Your Review: Write a structured review, weaving together literature insights with your own analysis.
- Cite Sources Accurately: Give credit where it’s due.
- Reflect on Biases and Limitations: Stay objective and acknowledge any limitations in your study.
🔎 Subsections to Explore:
- Threat Detection and Response
- Behavioral Analytics
- Vulnerability Management
- AI in Encryption and Cryptography
- Regulatory Compliance and AI Governance
- Threat Intelligence
- Network Security
- Incident Response and Forensics
🌟 Why This Matters: This thesis isn't just an academic exercise; it's a chance to contribute to a field that's at the cutting edge of technology and security. By understanding and analyzing these critical areas, you'll not only gain deep insights into AI's role in cybersecurity but also identify opportunities for innovation and improvement.
📚 Ready to Dive In?
If you're passionate about AI and cybersecurity and eager to explore this dynamic field, this master thesis supervision is your launchpad. Let's embark on this exciting journey together to unlock new dimensions in AI-enabled cybersecurity! 🚀
🦾Who We Are
The Chair for Strategy and Organization is focused on research with impact. This means we do not want to repeat old ideas and base our research solely on the research people did 10 years ago. Instead, we currently research topics that will shape the future. Topics such as Agile Organizations and Digital Disruption, Blockchain Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Creativity and Innovation, Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation, Diversity, Education: Education Technology and Performance Management, HRTech, Leadership, and Teams. We are always early in noticing trends, technologies, strategies, and organizations that shape the future, which has its ups and downs.
My personal research area focuses on exploring how AI can enhance company-internal productivity and improve work quality for effective decision-making in large-scale and transnational organizations. This interest stems from my diverse experiences, including my studies at Columbia University and UCSB, my roles at the UN Secretariat and Airbus, and co-founding BoxOrganizer, all of which have provided a rich backdrop for understanding the transformative potential of AI in business and technology management. In supervising this specific master thesis, my dual role as a PhD Candidate and a Business Operations Manager at Airbus Cybersecurity is setting a solid foundation for your exploration and scholarship in this dynamic field.
In this master thesis, the primary goal is to conduct a comprehensive and systematic literature review in the dynamic field of AI in Cybersecurity. The objective is to dissect and thoroughly understand the various facets of this intersection, such as threat detection, behavioral analytics, vulnerability management, and more. Through this research, you will not only gain an in-depth knowledge of AI's transformative role in cybersecurity but also identify key areas for future innovation and improvement. This thesis aims to establish you as a well-versed scholar in AI-enabled cybersecurity, contributing valuable insights and understanding to this rapidly evolving domain. Your work will bridge the gap between theoretical research and practical applications, setting a foundation for future explorations and developments in the field.
📚 Further Reading
For a more detailed explanation of how to conduct a systematic literature review, please review the following academic articles:
- Webster, J., & Watson, R. T. (2002). Analyzing the past to prepare for the future: Writing a literature review. MIS quarterly, xiii-xxiii.
- Vom Brocke, J., Simons, A., Niehaves, B., Riemer, K., Plattfaut, R., & Cleven, A. (2009, June). Reconstructing the giant: on the importance of rigour in documenting the literature search process. In Ecis (Vol. 9, pp. 2206-2217).
- Rowley, J., & Slack, F. (2004). Conducting a literature review. Management Research News, 27(6), 31–39.
📝 How to Apply
If you are interested, please contact Nicolas Leyh (click the button to email below) by submitting your CV and grade report. Please also shortly explain within your email why you are interested in the intersection of AI and Cybersecurity.
We're greatly looking forward to hearing more about you!
Nicolas Leyh (Chair for Strategy and Organisation)