- Be a good listener. Find out what the people need. Listen to their problems and concerns. Only when you know what they need, you can help them.
- Have a positive attitude. People tend to surround themselves more likely with people who are grateful and positive.
- Be collaborative. People care more about how much you care, than how much you know. Helping other people is the foundation for a trustful relationship.
- Be authentic. People will know when you're not sincerely interested in what they tell you. “Fake it, till you make it” will not bring you forward.
- Follow up on people and opportunities. If you fail to follow up, people will feel like they wasted their time.
- Be trustworthy. If someone refers you to another person, they out their reputation in your hands. Handle it with care. Be trustworthy.
- Be approachable. People will remember how much time you made for them more than any advice you gave.
“People will forget what you said and what you did, but the'll never forget how you made them feel” - Maya Angelou, o.D.
Freepik (2), by Flaticon