Welcome to the Thesis Seminar of the Chair for Strategy and Organization!
The seminar contains the following components:
- Administrative information about your thesis.
- Materials (slides, videos, papers) about the (empirical) research process for self-study.
- Monthly Q&A sessions with Dr. Theresa Treffers where we discuss open questions about your thesis, if the material provided here do not answer them.
- Detailed information about submission documents together with your final thesis.
No registration is necessary for the thesis seminar.
No attendance is required for the Q&A sessions.
You do not need to present your thesis.
1. Administrative information
Please refer to our thesis guidelines for administrative information.
2. Materials about the (empirical) research process
Surveys, experiments, and secondary data
Academic papers & materials
Field, A., Miles, J., & Field, Z. (2012). Discovering statistics using R. SAGE Publications.
3. Q&A Sessions
The thesis seminar offers monthly Q&A sessions where you can discuss general open questions about your thesis that the provided materials do not cover. Hence, the Q&A sessions are not compulsory for participation.
You should still send regular updates to your supervisor and get feedback on questions that are very specific to your topic and cannot be answered in the thesis seminar.
In case you have open questions for discussion in the thesis seminar, please fill in your information in the miro board:
November 7, 2023 2:15 PM (GMT+1) → November 7, 2023 3:15 PM (GMT+1)
November 27, 2023 2:15 PM (GMT+1) → December 7, 2023 3:15 PM (GMT+1)
January 11, 2024 2:00 PM (GMT+1) → January 11, 2024 3:15 PM (GMT+1)
4. Submission documents with your thesis
For a successful completion of your thesis, you need to submit the following documents together with your thesis to your supervisor.
For all submissions, please provide the most interesting, inspiring and surprising content on your topic. This is not necessarily the method section of your thesis :) Surprise us and the outside world with amazing insights into your thesis topic. In the last months, you have become an expert for your topic, so please share your expertise in a professional and exciting way!!
Here is some inspiration:
Please send all documents per email to your supervisor and to grade management. In case, the files are too large, you can send them via Dropbox, LRZ Sync&Share, Wetransfer or similar. Submit the files marked with a star (*) additionally to this form: https://forms.gle/qJBv4adescNZfEQn9:
- Final Thesis: Thesis (as word and pdf)
- Executive summary* (as word and pdf)
- Presentation on your thesis topic (as ppt)
- Infographic on your thesis topic* (as ppt and PDF/JPEG)
- Notion page on your thesis topic* (should also contain your infographic and a link to the article if available)
- Motivation to research this topic
- What we already know
- What we don’t know but would be important to know
- Your research question
- Research model/theoretical background (possibly main hypothesis)
- Your (empirical) approach to answer your research question/test your hypothesis
- Your results
- Discussion of your results
- Implications for research and practice
- Key references (max 10)
Optional: Write a public article on your thesis topic
Prepare your executive summary as an article, for example, on Medium: www.medium.com or other practice-oriented and public outlets.
Presentation on your thesis topic
Please use this template for your slides and submit your file as .ppt or .pptx.
Infografic on your thesis topic
Please submit your infografic as .ppt/.pptx and pdf/pdf and include your name.
- CANVA: https://www.canva.com/create/infographics/
- Piktochart (https://piktochart.com/)
- Easelly (https://www.easel.ly/)
- Infogram (https://infogram.com/)
- Visme (https://www.visme.co/)
- Visualize.me (https://vizualize.me)
- Venngage (https://venngage.com/)
- iCharts (https://icharts.net/)
- infoActive (https://infoactive.co/)
- PowerPoint helpful AddIn: Poweruser (https://www.powerusersoftwares.com/)
- Pixabay (https://pixabay.com/de/)
- Wikimedia (https://www.wikimedia.de/)
- Shutterstock (https://www.shutterstock.com/de/)
- Pexel (https://www.pexels.com/de-de/)
- Unsplash (https://unsplash.com/)
- Flickr (https://www.flickr.com/)
- Startup Stock Photos (https://startupstockphotos.com/)
- Picjumbo (https://picjumbo.com/)
- iStock (https://www.istockphoto.com/de)
- Adobe Stock (https://stock.adobe.com/de/)
Notion page on your thesis topic
Please create a private Notion page with your private email and upload the page on the link above.
You can find some beautiful templates to start your Notion page here:
Please also include your infographic and a link to the executive summary/medium article if available.