Bachelor Thesis, Master Thesis or Project Study
📌 Key facts
Most people must reskill in the next decades. The knowledge from school and university does not suffice anymore. Rapidly changing job requirements, innovative technologies, and societal transformations mean that workers need to build new skills throughout their whole career. This requires organizational changes, new tools, and a fundamentally different life planning approach.
In this work we want you to answer the following questions:
- What are the most important competencies/Skills for the future of children, employees, leaders, and all people?
- Which approaches to reskilling and continuous learning exist?
- How can people learn on the job or next to their job?
- Do degrees like an MBA lose value in the future?
- How can organizations pave the way for continuous learning and support their employees?
🦾Who We Are
The Chair for Strategy and Organization is focused on doing research with impact. This means we do not want to repeat old ideas and base our research solely on the research people did 10 years ago. Instead, we currently research topics that will shape the future. Topics such as Agile Organizations and Digital Disruption, Blockchain Technology, Creativity and Innovation, Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation, Diversity, Education: Education Technology and Performance Management, HRTech, Leadership and Teams. We are always early in noticing trends, technologies, strategies and organizations that shape the future, which has its ups and downs.
- Desk research different approaches and theories to lifelong learning
- Identify and evaluate different training programs in companies
- Create an overview of theoretical and practical approaches
- Identify start-ups and their solutions to improve workplace education
- Reliable and self-driven
- Enthusiasm for Innovation / Finance / FinTech / Wealth Management
- Ability to do sophisticated internet, desk research, and connect with practitioners
- Passion to learn more about the future and do research with impact
📚 Further Reading
Ip, G. (2020, November 12). The $2 Trillion Question: How to Spend on Education for the Future - WSJ. Retrieved November 20, 2020, from https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-2-trillion-question-how-to-spend-on-education-for-the-future-11605229192?&mod=djemfoe
Whiting, K. (2020, October 21). What are the top 10 job skills for the future? | World Economic Forum. Retrieved November 13, 2020, from https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/10/top-10-work-skills-of-tomorrow-how-long-it-takes-to-learn-them/
Sigelman, M., Bittle, S., Markow, W., & Francis, B. (2019). How New Skills Are Rewriting the DNA of the Job Market. Retrieved from https://www.emarketer.com/content/mobile-time-spent-2018
Carr, J. (2020, March 25). Council Post: The Future Of Learning: Top Five Trends For 2020. Retrieved November 26, 2020, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbeshumanresourcescouncil/2020/03/25/the-future-of-learning-top-five-trends-for-2020/?sh=478a67a36cd3
Lutin, L. (2020, June 29). Superlearning: Reskilling the Workforce. Retrieved November 26, 2020, from https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/insights/focus/technology-and-the-future-of-work/reskilling-the-workforce.html
The Upskilling Platform | Degreed
Degreed connects learning, talent development, and internal mobility opportunities in one place - so you can reinvent yourself one skill at a time.
📄 Requirements to any Work
We do not want your research to gather dust in some corner of a bookshelf but make it accessible to the world. Thus, we warmly encourage you to create some or all of the following:
- Infograph - visually represent some of your work (find examples here)
- Slide Deck - summarize your research and possibly present it
- Extract most important sequences from podcasts, videos, and other media
- 3-4 Tweets about the most important findings and summarizing the topic
- optional: Medium Article - let people outside university know about your research and start your personal brand
📬 How to Apply
If you are interested, please contact Prof. Dr. Isabell Welpe (e-mail below) by submitting your CV and grade report. Please also briefly outline your tentative research idea (research question, data and methods, possible outcomes with a tentative outline all in word as *.docx)
We're greatly looking forward to hearing more about you!