Bachelor or Master Thesis or Project Study
📌 Key facts
Wealthfront, Robinhood, Scalable Capital, StashAways, Bunq - recent years have seen many new tools spark up that want to make it easier to manage personal wealth. However, they all use different approaches - from banks, through robo advisors to investment portfolio. With the assets invested and interest in such options increasing a clear overview of both their approaches and their impact is lacking. You should analyse the different options, create a comprehensive clustering, and evaluate how the services can change consumer behavior and/or their personal finances.
Answer at least one of the following questions: What are various sources for passive income? Which tasks/jobs promise a high income and are doable remotely? Which tasks/jobs promise a high income and are doable passively? Who are proponents of financial freedom? Who has achieved passive income streams and how?
🦾Who We Are
The Chair for Strategy and Organization is focussed on doing research with impact. This means we do not want to repeat old ideas and base our research solely on the research people did 10 years ago. Instead, we currently research topics that will shape the future. Topics such as Agile Organizations and Digital Disruption, Blockchain Technology, Creativity and Innovation, Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation, Diversity, Education: Education Technology and Performance Management, HRTech, Leadership and Teams. We want to always be early in noticing trends, technologies, strategies and organizations that shape the future.
- Identify the relevant options for financial freedom
- Cluster them as a basis for comparison
- Analyse tools for generating passive income
- Review literature on investing behavior, wealth management and spending
- Analyze/Evaluate their differences, impact, and/or developments
- Create a prototype/framework on how to achieve financial independence early
- Reliable and self-driven
- Interest in Wealth Management / FinTech / Personal Finances / Behavioral Technology
- Passion to understand how you and others can best manage their finances and do research with impact
📚 Further Reading
Advice Goes Virtual by EY: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3084057
Robo Advisors by Worldbank: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3360125
Wealth Management after COVID 19: https://www.oliverwyman.com/content/dam/oliver-wyman/v2/publications/2020/jun/MSOW-Wealth-Management-Report-2020-After-the-Storm.pdf
Passive Income Ideas: 10 Strategies To Earn $1,000 Per Month
Is there anything better than making money while you sleep? I mean, wouldn't you love to wake up with an influx of cash creeping into your bank account? Before I dive into my favorite ways to earn money without a lot of work, I want people to know the two reasons I love this topic so much.
Even Senior Executives Need a Side Hustle
The rise of the "gig economy" has prompted much soul-searching about the future of the economy. But portfolio careers aren't only for stay-at-home parents looking to freelance a few hours a day while their kids are in school or grad students moonlighting as Uber drivers and Task Rabbits.
To Succeed With Passive Investing, Get a Little Active
Passive investing doesn't necessarily mean you should invest passively. One attraction of passive funds, which track indexes, is that they can provide low-cost, diversified exposure to the broader markets through just one investment. And for some investors, there is a solid case for setting it and forgetting it-that is, not only using passive investment products but being entirely passive about them once you do.
📄 Requirements to any Work
We do not want your research to gather dust in some corner of bookshelf but make it accessible to the world. Thus, we warmly encourage you to create some or all of the following:
- Infograph - visually represent some of your work (find examples here)
- Slide Deck - summarize your research and possibly present it
- Extract most important sequences from podcasts, videos, and other media
- 3-4 Tweets about the most important findings and summarizing the topic
- optional: Medium Article - let people outside university know about your research and start your personal brand
📬 How to apply
If you are interested, please contact Prof. Dr. Isabell Welpe (e-mail below) by submitting your CV and grade report. Please also briefly outline your tentative research idea (research question, data and methods, possible outcomes with a tentative outline all in word as *.docx)
We're greatly looking forward to hearing more about you!