Bachelor Thesis, Master Thesis or Project Study
📌 Key facts
Family offices and high net individuals are becoming more astute about financial planning, and they are seeking digital capabilities and better advisory options. As technology continues to change rapidly, firms must be agile to enhance the overall experience of both the customers and wealth managers. To stave off rising competition, many firms will collaborate with FinTech's via innovative business models such as marketplaces to stay relevant and competitive. Family offices themselves are expected to become more digital and demand more control/information on their investments.
In this work we want you to answer the following questions:
- Which innovation are there in the field of private wealth management, family offices, and family foundations?
- Which innovative technologies, start-ups and approaches are there to make private wealth management future-proof?
- Which new competitors are there? Which start-ups?
- What are current challenges in wealth management?
- Which challenges do family offices face?
- Which modern trends and innovations happen in family offices?
- Which new possibilities exist for foundations?
🦾Who We Are
The Chair for Strategy and Organization is focused on doing research with impact. This means we do not want to repeat old ideas and base our research solely on the research people did 10 years ago. Instead, we currently research topics that will shape the future. Topics such as Agile Organizations and Digital Disruption, Blockchain Technology, Creativity and Innovation, Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation, Diversity, Education: Education Technology and Performance Management, HRTech, Leadership and Teams. We are always early in noticing trends, technologies, strategies and organizations that shape the future, which has its ups and downs.
- Reliable and self-driven
- Enthusiasm for Innovation / Finance / FinTech / Wealth Management
- Ability to do sophisticated internet, desk research, and connect with practitioners
- Passion to learn more about the future and do research with impact
📚 Further Reading
Die Familienstiftung: 3 Vorteile und 3 Nachteile
Ralf Kretzschmar, 14.12.2020 Die Familienstiftung ist eine Stiftung, die dauerhaft dem Wohl der Familie dient. Sie verfolgt einen wirtschaftlichen Zweck und ist deshalb im Gegensatz zu anderen Stiftungsformen nicht gemeinnützig. Die Begünstigten der Stiftung, auch Destinatäre genannt, stehen in einem familiären bzw. verwandtschaftlichen Verhältnis zum Stifter.
Innovation in Private Banking and Wealth Management
With this study, Monitor Deloitte emphasises the need for the Private Banking and Wealth Management industry to create a mind shift in how to look at innovation and how to become more innovative. In particular, the report defines the term "innovation", describes the industries' innovation gap and reviews the current business models in the Private Banking and Wealth Management industry.
Emerging Forms Of The Family Office
The family office landscape is undergoing a monumental shift as a new population of ultra-net-worth individuals (UHNWIs) rises and wealthy families seek more agile ways of not only managing but also preserving their vast wealth and assets.
We help family offices and high net worth individuals to make smart and timely business decisions through the efficient use of data and innovative technology.
📄 Requirements to any Work
We do not want your research to gather dust in some corner of a bookshelf but make it accessible to the world. Thus, we warmly encourage you to create some or all of the following:
- Infograph - visually represent some of your work (find examples here)
- Slide Deck - summarize your research and possibly present it
- Extract most important sequences from podcasts, videos, and other media
- 3-4 Tweets about the most important findings and summarizing the topic
- optional: Medium Article - let people outside university know about your research and start your personal brand
📬 How to Apply
If you are interested, please contact Prof. Dr. Isabell Welpe (e-mail below) by submitting your CV and grade report. Please also briefly outline your tentative research idea (research question, data and methods, possible outcomes with a tentative outline all in word as *.docx)
We're greatly looking forward to hearing more about you!