Bachelor Thesis, Master Thesis or Project Study
📌 Key facts
According to McKinsey, the war for talent began in 1997 when the evolution of the internet began within the recruiting industry. Now, it isn’t just about clients fighting for the candidates they want. Those being selected to fill positions have just as much impact on the decision when it comes down to choosing what companies they want to work with. In short, headhunting becomes more competitive as certain skills and experiences are more limited than ever. Thus, headhunters need to employ new techniques, technologies, and methods. We want you to find out how they do it.
- What is the future of selecting top positions in companies?
- Which technologies or new approaches compete with the traditional headhunting business?
- Which start-ups revolutionise headhunting? What technologies do they use?
🦾Who We Are
The Chair for Strategy and Organization is focused on doing research with impact. This means we do not want to repeat old ideas and base our research solely on the research people did 10 years ago. Instead, we currently research topics that will shape the future. Topics such as Agile Organizations and Digital Disruption, Blockchain Technology, Creativity and Innovation, Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation, Diversity, Education: Education Technology and Performance Management, HRTech, Leadership and Teams. We are always early in noticing trends, technologies, strategies and organizations that shape the future, which has its ups and downs.
- Research academic literature on the topic
- Collect examples of companies which are pioneers in innovation
- Analyse their used tools, approaches, and organizational structures
- Analyse other trends in the private investing industry
- Reliable and self-driven
- Enthusiasm for Recruiting / Disruption / Technologies / Data-Driven Decision-Making
- Ability to do sophisticated internet, desk research, and connect with practitioners
- Passion to learn more about the future and do research with impact
📚 Further Reading
Top 5 Executive Search Trends to Watch in 2020
According to McKinsey the war for talent began in 1997 when the evolution of the internet began within the recruiting industry. Now, moving into 2020 It isn't just about clients fighting for the candidates they want. Those being selected to fill positions have just as much impact on the decision when it comes down to choosing what companies they want to work with.
Recruitment Stats: 16 Key trends for 2019
For the most up to date recruitment stats please check out our Recruitment Stats 2020 article on over on Psycruit.com.* 2019 looks set to see some key developments take place for recruiters across the globe.
Should Companies Use AI to Assess Job Candidates?
Few things seem creepier than algorithms mining our voices or photos to determine whether we should be considered for a job, and yet we're not that far from this scenario at all. What's more, it may not be as creepy as you think.
Home - HDT Europe
HIRE Digital Talent I want to hire! I am a talent! Our AI discovers top talent fast, on a fixed price subscription based model. If you want to win the "war for talent", join us! Learn More Why are we different? AI based platform 50% less cost 100% unbiased Time-to-hire: 2-6 weeks Leading tech companies across ...
📄 Requirements to any Work
We do not want your research to gather dust in some corner of a bookshelf but make it accessible to the world. Thus, we warmly encourage you to create some or all of the following:
- Infograph - visually represent some of your work (find examples here)
- Slide Deck - summarize your research and possibly present it
- Extract most important sequences from podcasts, videos, and other media
- 3-4 Tweets about the most important findings and summarizing the topic
- optional: Medium Article - let people outside university know about your research and start your personal brand
📬 How to Apply
If you are interested, please contact Prof. Dr. Isabell Welpe (e-mail below) by submitting your CV and grade report. Please also briefly outline your tentative research idea (research question, data and methods, possible outcomes with a tentative outline all in word as *.docx)
We're greatly looking forward to hearing more about you!