We see that non-verbal communication also plays an important role in a conversation.
It is now known that:
- "Your body speaks louder than words": it is assumed that the effect of a message depends 55 percent on nonverbal communication, 38 percent on the voice and only 7 percent on the content of what is said. Nonverbal features can thus completely change a message.
- You can't not communicate: Paul Watzlawick: people communicate as soon as they perceive each other
- The first impression counts:
- Primacy effect: The effect describes that early or first incoming information is remembered better than later incoming information
- Once people have made an impression, they do not want to change their mind
Tedx Talks. (2017, 22. September). 6 communication truths that everyone should know | Antoni Lacinai | TEDxVasa. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvcbn6WtJvQ